"A business absolutely devoted to Customer Service Excellence will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large."
Sir Henry Ford
How you treat your customers has a direct impact on your business. In fact, many people will frequent a more expensive restaurant or store for its better customer service. It’s an invaluable part of each company that separates the great companies from those that only care about the bottom line.
Customer service is not a new idea, but it has grown in the last few decades to include much more. Customers want things quicker and with more service. Technology has made it possible to assist customers all over the world, when they need it. In this competitive business world, customer service is all about not only fulfilling customers’ expectations, but exceeding them. Outstanding customer service builds the company’s image, credibility and customer loyalty, a golden standard of success.
Customer service is the face of the company to many of its customers or clients, and so the customer service department (and all employees) have a huge responsibility to act on customers’ needs, opinions and preferences. Customer service representatives have a unique opportunity when it comes to unhappy customers. With the right skills, they can turn a situation around so someone who came to complain leaves happy, and knows the company will go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Learn about award winning customer service with our content-rich course offering case studies, interactive exercises, scenarios and guidelines.
There are many exciting things to learn about successful customer service. You will learn:
- About the fundamentals of successful customer service principles
- How to interact with different types of customers and different personalities
- How to tell what customers want, and how to satisfy them
- How to encourage a customer to give you more information by using correct questioning techniques
- How to empathise with the customer and maintain rapport
- How to handle a customer professionally
- How to handle mistrustful, angry, concerned or demanding customers
- Customer Service Skills based on many case studies and scenarios involving various interactive exercises
- Techniques you can use to handle special situations
- How to handle complaints, feedbacks and unhappy customers
- How to deliver a “Soft No”
- What to say in different situations and how to say it
- Improved customer service over the phone
- How to sequence you sentences for maximum effect
- How to use body language to enhance your communication and read the true intention of customers
Learning Outcomes and Benefits
Excellent customer service enables you to better enjoy your work time while benefiting your company and customer. When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the essential principles and skills of excellent customer service
- Ask effective questions to help you understand customers’ needs, resolve issues get results
- Use empathy to maintain rapport with customers
- Professionally respond to a customer’s demands & requests while maintaining rapport
- Sequence your sentences effectively to get maximum results
- Handle phone conversations professionally and with the best results
- Read and interpret body language signals and use them to enhance your communication skills
Defuse uncomfortable interactions with customers and professionally respond to any problems
Great customer service skills will set you a part in the workplace to your employers, and will set your company a part to customers as a company of choice.