“The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions.”
Isn’t it frustrating to walk away from a conversation feeling as if you weren’t heard? Maybe you had a great idea during a meeting but no one seemed interested. Sometimes you might even say yes when you wanted to answer no. Are you ready to learn how to be heard and really listened to? Do you want get better results will minimal effort?
Each of us deals with many people every day at work, in transit, at home or school. The quality of our interactions with others greatly affects our day, making us feel it was a success or a failure based on if we were able to communicate. Imagine being able to convey your ideas to your boss, co-workers, family and your spouse in a way that makes them listen and consider your ideas. This will greatly boost your self-esteem, and you’ll be able to implement more of your ideas. We’ll show you the best ways to communicate so others can understand and accept your ideas.
By communicating more clearly, assertively and effectively, you can better sell products and ideas, lead others, teach and train others, and become more persuasive and more productive.
With role playing and exercises, this course will show you how to influence people and avoid conflict. In this course you will learn how to:
- Identify your goals so you can influence others
- Think of win/win outcomes so you can get the best results when dealing with anyone
- Use empathy and listening to be effective in building a long term relationship with others.
- Gain loyalty and commitment from others naturally
- Get positive results when asking others to do something
- Be diplomatic for increased results
- Use diplomatic techniques when delivering your messages
- Have a strong presence, enabling you to handle new situations and influence people
- Stop letting others intimidate you
- Use to use praise effective
- Say no and still have people respect and listen to you
- Increase your effectiveness when you communicate
Learning Outcomes and Benefits
Soon you will be able to:
- Feel confident in making requests, proposing ideas and getting people’s attention
- Sequence your sentences to get the maximum effect
- Start conversations with ease
- Handle awkward moments in conversations or meetings
- Show you understand others to engage them better
- Use the 6 universal principles of influence
- Counteract when others try to sway you or use the 6 principles of influence on you
- Stand out from others, including as an applicant for a job
- Deliver a negative message and still get a good response
- Sway people to your point of view
- Refute people who have an opposing view
- Use simple techniques to reinforce desired behaviors in others
- Say No decisively and politely
- Speak more effectively in public and private
- Be heard and listened to in meetings
- Be respected and known as a leader
Don’t spend another day wishing people would listen to you more. This course will equip you to stand out and be heard.